Whether you have smoked for many years or picked up the habit only a short while ago, have you considered switching to e-cigarettes? With e-cigarettes, users get the nicotine they desire in a very similar look and feel to that of a real cigarette WITHOUT the tobacco, smoke or tar that come with the traditional style. E-cigarettes have changed the smoking industry and are on their way to leaving the combustible lookalikes behind. For the individuals that are concerned with the health risks associated with smoking real cigarettes, e-cigs are not loaded with the harmful carcinogens, which appeals to many users that have already made the switch.
If you are just starting off and want to experience the great benefits of e-cigs before investing money in a higher end product, try getting yourself a disposable e-cig from a gas station or convenience store. For a few dollars, you can experience for yourself just how great e-cigs are at giving you everything you like about smoking without the risks. Once you are convinced (which won’t take long, guaranteed) to make the switch from traditional cigarettes, you will want to invest in a rechargeable e-cig model. This will give you more flexibility when it comes to battery life and the liquids that you choose to use. Rechargeable ones often come with adapters for USB or wall outlets making it very convenient to charge wherever you happen to be.
While they often resemble real cigarettes, e-cigs use a liquid cartridge instead of tobacco to create the nicotine release for users. The e-liquid mainly contains nicotine and propylene glycol but also can be flavored as well. The battery is used to vaporize the liquid, which is then inhaled by the user. Now, let’s get to the reason why you are still reading, how to use an e-cigarette.
- Buy a kit- you are going to want to purchase an e-cigarette starter kit. This way you will be getting everything you need to begin enjoying it right out of the box. You should consider investing in a higher priced product rather than the cheapest option available, especially if you plan on smoking every day or at least a few days a week. Cheaper models, oftentimes, mean more problems and poor flavor choices for e-liquids. However, do your research and pick out a kit that suits your budget.
- Once you have your kit you are going to want to charge the battery according to the instructions. Failing to do so can mess with the lithium batteries ability to hold a charge for as a long as it is designed to. Typically, e-cig batteries will last up to 300 uses before needing to be recharged.
- Next, you are going to want to screw in the prefilled e-liquid cartridge or fill the reservoir with e-liquid of your choice. If you are filling it yourself, pay attention to not over fill the reservoir.
- Using your e-cig will be slightly different than taking a drag from a real cigarette. The most important thing to remember is that you want to take long, slow pulls from the e-cig so that the vapor can fill your mouth. Avoid chain smoking- give the e-cig a short time to cool between uses and also, chain smoking can cause throat irritation from the vapor.
- A primer puff (short, quick pull without vapor) is done to help heat up the coils before you begin to smoke.
- Once your e-cig is primed and ready, take a long, slow pull that fills your mouth with vapor. Do not draw it into your lungs or swallow until your mouth has filled. Unlike traditional cigarettes, the nicotine in the vapor can be absorbed through the mucus membranes in your mouth so you do not need to inhale into your lungs if you do not want to.
- Hold the vapor for 3-5 seconds then exhale. It may take a little longer for you to feel the hit of nicotine than a traditional cigarette since absorption through the mucus membranes is a slower process.
- Now you can begin to experiment with flavors and levels of nicotine in your e-cig to suit your needs and desires.
Using an e-cig is pretty straightforward and enjoyable. If you have any questions on which brand to buy or how to set yours up, head on into one of the seven Holy Smokes locations in south Florida. Holy Smokes carries brands like Yocan, Dab County and KandyPen and has an extremely knowledgeable staff to answer all your questions on which the best e-cig for you is.